Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linksys Velop - WiFi that sets you free
Linksys Velop - WiFi that sets you free
Can share with us what is the floor size ran the tested on?. Many performance reviews are base on big houses oversea, would be interesting to see one from HDB. For your dad's device(and the others), if it is able to be configured to high roaming aggressiveness, that will reduce the time to switch between APs. the downside is you may see an increase in latency as the client is searching for stronger signal frequently.
Your Velop packaging got say where is the service centre?
manyu882 wrote: Can share with us what is the floor size ran the tested on?. Many performance reviews are base on big houses oversea, would be interesting to see one from HDB. For your dad's device(and the others), if it is able to be configured to high roaming aggressiveness, that will reduce the time to switch between APs. the downside is you may see an increase in latency as the client is searching for stronger signal frequently. oh well, i have no idea how to tweak the aggressiveness leh.. as far as i know, the app does not allow such advanced configuration.. Nevertheless, he's fine with waiting for a while when he roamed from living room to kitchen.. i'm at a 5 room flat.. Linksys claims that each node can spread coverage as far as 2000 sq feet, my house aint that big either to test out the claim. lol..
Qubicfactor wrote: Your Velop packaging got say where is the service centre? there is no service centre in singapore... The process of RMA-ing the product is to call the hotline, let them diagnose the issue, generate a RMA ticket then FedEx will come with a brand new package for 1-1 exchange... I heard that the distributor for linksys might be the service point like how avertek is a service centre for asus.. However its in the future, no one knows until its materialised..
renfred89 wrote: there is no service centre in singapore... The process of RMA-ing the product is to call the hotline, let them diagnose the issue, generate a RMA ticket then FedEx will come with a brand new package for 1-1 exchange... I heard that the distributor for linksys might be the service point like how avertek is a service centre for asus.. However its in the future, no one knows until its materialised.. Means the no local service ctr caveats of buying a Linksys still applies then. Your set is local?
Qubicfactor wrote: Means the no local service ctr caveats of buying a Linksys still applies then. Your set is local? yup local set. got the IMDA compliance logo and singapore safety mark. buying non local set is even worse... Completely cannot claim warranty in singapore and that imagine you order from US, your set has to go back to US, tour around the states then finally reach the service centre
Show us some speed test and diagrams!
manyu882 wrote: Show us some speed test and diagrams! i will when i have more time. need to screenshot and upload to photo bucket etc.. what diagram you want? This image has been resized.Click to view original image Connected at 702mbps on s7 edge, one wall apart in my room when the parent node is placed in the living room..
renfred89 wrote: i will when i have more time. need to screenshot and upload to photo bucket etc.. what diagram you want? A sketch of your house and Speed test at different location ( near, middle and far corner of the house from the router) - Do it when u have the time, no worries Usually the best placement nodes is by triangulation. so the mesh system got more choices to choose the best path.