Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide phone number change in Whatsapp Chat Screen
Need advise from expert here, i am going oversea for holiday next week, and will be getting a Local Sim card with data bundle there to use on the same phone. I know that my whatsapp will still workable and contactable by my Singapore contacts. The problem is that i do not want my company to know that i going out of Singapore while still contactable via whatsapp, I am in the company group chat as well! I heard that the new number will show automatically on the group chat and private chat screen once i validate on the whatapp in the same phone, is it true? How doi avoid it? I do not want them know my whatsapp changed to an oversea number on the screen and exposed my location! Please help
questionman26 wrote: Need advise from expert here, i am going oversea for holiday next week, and will be getting a Local Sim card with data bundle there to use on the same phone. I know that my whatsapp will still workable and contactable by my Singapore contacts. The problem is that i do not want my company to know that i going out of Singapore while still contactable via whatsapp, I am in the company group chat as well! I heard that the new number will show automatically on the group chat and private chat screen once i validate on the whatapp in the same phone, is it true? How doi avoid it? I do not want them know my whatsapp changed to an oversea number on the screen and exposed my location! Please help Just Change sim card and don't change your number in WhatsApp ?
If you don't manually change your number even with the prompt by WhatsApp (iOS especially), it'll remain as the Singapore number. There won't be any changes to your WhatsApp number, just that they can't call
For whatsapp to work, you don't need to change any number It is just like you turn off mobile data and connect to wifi and ppl will still be able to send whatsapp msg to you. Just Open "Settings" App -> Go to "SIM Card Manager" and play around the settings there. Good Luck.
questionman26 wrote: Need advise from expert here, i am going oversea for holiday next week, and will be getting a Local Sim card with data bundle there to use on the same phone. I know that my whatsapp will still workable and contactable by my Singapore contacts. The problem is that i do not want my company to know that i going out of Singapore while still contactable via whatsapp, I am in the company group chat as well! I heard that the new number will show automatically on the group chat and private chat screen once i validate on the whatapp in the same phone, is it true? How doi avoid it? I do not want them know my whatsapp changed to an oversea number on the screen and exposed my location! Please help Put the local sim in another phone and share the data via hotspot. Existing phone, switch to flight mode, activate wifi and connect to the shared hotspot. This method (singtel) , if your company call you, they will be informed that you are not available. If you don't put flight mode, if your company call you, they likely to hear the "overseas" tone - exposed!
When you insert a oversea sim card. Whatapp would prompt you if you like to switch or change the number. Just choose NO!!!
From my recent experience. Swap SIM card of another number. The Whatsapp is still using the previous SIM phone number. After reading whatsapp faq. As long as you do not make any changes, it will remain as it is. Should you do make changes as in settings, whatsapp will send SMS as confirmation to the phone number registered to whatsapp, but no acknowledgement meant no changes. Ring tones is find in whatsapp settings, nothing to do with normal telco's ring tone. In other word, do nothing such as not to do any settings changes in whatsapp. Nobody know you change phone number &or hiding in other countries.