Recommendations to replace Mobo CPU and Ram

Hi I will to ask around if anyone knows the recommended replacement for my current mobo, CPU and ram configuration as I foresee my current motherboard (MSI B75M-E33) to fail soon. I will go down to SLS for a visit to see what is out there for now. Budget will be around 500 and not intending to go for intense gaming but with lots of multi tasking involved. Thanks.

What kind of multi tasking are you talking about? Mind sharing some of the software you use or your usage pattern?

singupingu wrote: What kind of multi tasking are you talking about? Mind sharing some of the software you use or your usage pattern? More like opening multiple google chrome tabs (around 15 or more), with some youtube streaming and vlc player at the same time. As well as opening of Microsoft Office Software and PDF files.

do any photoshop or video editing?

qwertzy wrote: do any photoshop or video editing? I might do those occasionally along with some casual gaming.

alvin688f wrote: Hi I will to ask around if anyone knows the recommended replacement for my current mobo, CPU and ram configuration as I foresee my current motherboard (MSI B75M-E33) to fail soon. I will go down to SLS for a visit to see what is out there for now. Budget will be around 500 and not intending to go for intense gaming but with lots of multi tasking involved. Thanks. Just replace ur board. $50 settled if u diy

gld998 wrote: Just replace ur board. $50 settled if u diy I have already bought a 2nd hand board previously and found that solution did not work for long.

alvin688f wrote: I have already bought a 2nd hand board previously and found that solution did not work for long. wait for coffee lake or get ryzen nao

gld998 wrote: wait for coffee lake or get ryzen nao If I were to get ryzen, which processor and mobo is the recommended one?

Based on your usage and budget, maybe go for R5 1400 any cheap B350 board. Go for a mild OC, like 3.7 GHz, <1.3V; stock cooler more than enough. Get the fastest RAM kit that fits within your budget, run it as fast as it will be stable. That should all serve your needs well. I would hold my breath for Coffee Lake pricing though.. especially curious what the i3-8350K will be priced to compete against.