Intel Sneaks Out Z390 Chipset Documents: Native USB 3.1 Gen2, Wireless-AC, Bluetooth

Intel Sneaks Out Z390 Chipset Documents: Native USB 3.1 Gen2, Wireless-AC, Bluetooth 5 Quote: Intel touts the Z390 chipset as compatible with eighth-generation processors. Intel has already listed the pending eight-core processors on its website, so we know they will also fall into the eighth-generation family of processors. This image has been resized.Click to view original image Quote: In April, Intel refreshed its 300-series chipset with the 14nm Cannon Lake PCH, whereas the Z370 chipset used a 22nm process node. Intel's new PCH only dropped onto new H-, B-, and Q-series motherboards, which curiously left the Z370 platform (the only overclockable chipset of the bunch), with a slightly-outdated chipset. The new Z390 document doesn't reveal any new earth-shattering details. Instead, the chipset just brings the Z-series chipsets up to par with the new 300-series models. This image has been resized.Click to view original image read more: https:

Embedded Intel WiFi right in the chipset sounds interesting. No more PCIe and M.2 WiFi cards and USB WiFi adapters needed? Seems like the companies making WiFi chipsets, USB WiFi adapters and WiFi cards are going to see some loss in revenue.

embedded wifi is already available in the lower end 3-series MBs. Not every MB will have it though as the manufacturers still need to put in other stuff to make it work.

Well they killed drive controllers, sound, LAN, might as well kill WiFi and BT too yea?

very good.. 9560

updates : on the PCI Lane differences. This image has been resized.Click to view original image https:

Sian.. Should have waited a bit before getting my z370 platform for usb 3.1 wave 2

FinalTidus wrote: Sian.. Should have waited a bit before getting my z370 platform for usb 3.1 wave 2 My Z370 already has USB 3.1 gen 2 port and MB header via Asmedia controller. I don't think I have ever used them.

Heng moi already have thunderbolt

after all its could a reband of z370 : Quote: Intel is rumored to have shelved the iteration of its upcoming Z390 Express chipset as earlier publicized, the one which had certain new hardware features. It could now re-brand the existing Z370 Express as Z390 Express and probably bolster its reference design with heftier CPU VRM specifications, to cope better with its upcoming 8-core LGA1151 processors. The Z370 Express is similar in feature-set to the brink of being identical to its predecessor, the Z270 Express. This move could impact certain new hardware features that were on the anvil, such as significantly more USB 3.1 gen 2