5yr4mth rig: should I upgrade?

Hey guys! Previously I did post a thread as well but since it got pushed to the back, figured I start another one, with the introduction of Ryzen too.. My PC specs are listed at the side. I am intending to do a full overhaul of my rig with case (excluding monitor, keyboard and speakers), and sell off my current rig. Main reasons for upgrading would be: 1) Past average lifespan (>5 years) 2) If (touch wood) suddenly breaks down, I don't want to have to panic buy a rig, chances of selling current rig will be drastically reduced My usage would be day to day web browsing and youtube

Given your kind of usage, there is not a need to upgrade anything at all. Except maybe you can purchase GTX1050Ti. or RX460 if it is still available on the market.

0 benefits to even change anything, not unless your SSD

You are better off with an investment in data storage backup like NAS.

Dear all, Thank you all for your kind responses and advices, appreciate it! In that case, do you guys think that my PC will be able to last at least a few more years??

as long as you maintain the system, it should last. but no one can guarantee when the component will fail.

next thing that might die is the hdd

Wait till next year 1st quarter for a true generational gap with better thermals thanks to the smaller nm chipsets.

It really depends PC will last. Its just a matter of fixing. After 3 years, might get cranky.. So have to reseat ram, replace CMOS battery, format. The only thing that matters is IF YOUR HAND ITCHY TO UPGRADE OR NOT If yes, no amount of "advice" from forumners can help you. If no, and you are not playing demanding games, not much need to touch anything If playing demanding games, than syste, might be better off with a higher end cpu and gfx

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.